The Chinese Government Scholarship-Chinese University Program (2017-2018)
For those who are planning to apply for the Chinese Government Scholarship, please pay attention to the following information.
CATEGORIES OF APPLICANTS
1. This scholarship only supports graduate programs. Scholarship duration is two to three years for master’s programs and three to four years for doctoral programs.
2. Most programs are instructed in Chinese. MBA is instructed in English or Chinese. （the List of Majors of Yanshan University. ）
3. The scholarship duration specified in the Admission Letter, covering major study and Chinese language study, cannot be extended in general.
CRITERIA & ELIGIBILITY
- be a citizen of a country other than the People’s Republic of China, and be in good health;
- not be a registered student in Chinese universities at the time of application; or be a graduate from Chinese universities for more than one year;
- be a bachelor’s degree holder under the age of 35 when applying for master’s programs;
- be a master’s degree holder under the age of 40 when applying for doctoral programs.
VALUES OF SCHOLARSHIP
1. Exempt from tuition fee and accommodation fee for dormitory on campus
2. Living allowance: Monthly allowance is granted to the students through the host institution at the following rates (CNY Yuan per month):
- Master’s degree students & general scholars: CNY 3,000 Yuan
- Doctoral degree students & senior scholars: CNY 3,500 Yuan
3. Comprehensive Medical Insurance
The applicants must fill in and provide the following documents truly, correctly and completely (in duplicate)
a) Application Form for Chinese Government Scholarship（in Chinese or English）. Those who are available for online application shall fill in and print the application form after submitting it online.
The CSC Online Application System for Study in China is available on http://laihua.csc.edu.cn . The Agency No. is 10216
Those who cannot apply online shall contact the dispatching authorities to get the application form or download and fill it truly, correctly and completely.
b) Notarized highest diploma (photocopy): Prospective diploma winners must submit official proof of student status by their current school. Documents in languages other than Chinese or English must be attached with notarized Chinese or English translations.
c) Academic transcripts: Transcripts in languages other than Chinese or English must be attached with notarized Chinese or English translations.
d) A Study Plan or Research Proposal in Chinese or English with a minimum of 800 words.
e) Two letters of recommendation in Chinese or English from professors or associate professors.
f) Applicants for music studies are requested to submit a CD of their own works. Applicants for fine arts programs must submit a CD of their own works which include two sketches, two color paintings and two other works.
g) Applicants planning to stay in China for more than 6 months must submit a photocopy of the Foreigner Physical Examination Form completed in English (the original copy should be kept by the applicant. The form designed by the Chinese quarantine authority can be downloaded). The physical examinations must cover all the items listed in the Foreigner Physical Examination Form. Incomplete records or those without the signature of the attending physician, the official stamp of the hospital or a sealed photograph of the applicants are invalid. Please select the appropriate time to take physical examination as the result is valid for only 6 months.
h) Applicants with valid HSK Certificate should enclose it in the application package.
MAILING ADDRESS FOR APPLICATION DOCUMENTS:
College of International Exchange
No.438 Hebei Street, Qinhuangdao, Hebei Province, P.R. China. 066004
Tel: +86-335-8047570, +86-335-8053537
Contact Person: HE Ling ,JI Hongyue
Application Deadline: Apri 30, 2017